4 Nov 2008

d harge into cha ook

This all sounds good.

I, too, would like the chapbook to resemble a graphic novel / comic book. Avery underrated art-form, I've always said. Gosh, I now live a couple of miles away from Alan Moore. Maybe I could find out his address and push one through his door!

Agree - theme, gives focus. But not 'female'. How about the picture-makers illustrating stuff by the wordists? Then call it something.

We print 100 copies - or CJ does. Each person gets a share. Then we make on-line PDF or similar, link to D5 pages.

Anthony

Images at 300dpi (which is pro magazine quality), maybe.....?

"Agree - theme, gives focus. But not 'female'. How about the picture-makers illustrating stuff by the wordists? Then call it something." Okay, how about "Twins"..."Pairs"...."Duos"....something to do with teaming-up, connections, etc....? I'd like to contibute a short piece of text to the first one, if that's okay with everyone else - so feel free to team me up with someone I've never worked with before (if they'll have me) - randomly, arbitrarily, volunteer, don't mind....lol.....or we just do it solo if no-one's into the idea...

Taking about Alan Moore, Anthony - I was gonna mail a physical chapbook off to Warren Ellis - he's pretty open to self-made, lo-tech zines and stuff....this sort of approach is a great way to
randomly publicise/physically disseminate Discharge...

kek

Yes, 300dpi as standard. Got to be for what CJ was saying.

Yes, Duos etc ... a duologue, lots of them. Conjoined.

conjoinds [sic]

?

I agree also - flirt with these people, send stuff off. Good way of using the chapbook to network.

"Duologues" hits a spot...has an alt.lit feel.....

Conjoined...Conjoinds....Conjoinder....Conjoindered....Conjoinder'd....Conjugation....(Bacterial conjugation is the transfer of genetic material between bacteria through direct cell-to-cell contact)...

hey all,

I can produce to PDF from Word and/or any of the CS programs - though my photoshop is bizarrely truculent.

And, and this is just an idea I've been playing with, thinking would play well into our decentralized concept on discharge - perhaps we could have everyone who wants to do so

assemble his/her own discharge chapbook, culling either already-published or new, solicited works from discharge players (or both) ... just a thought ... a sort of revolving editorial door.

-John (aka fissuresofmen)

IN THE DESERT I SAW A CREATURE, NAKED, BESTIAL, WHO, SQUATTING UPON THE GROUND, HELD HIS HEART IN HIS HANDS, AND ATE OF IT. I SAID, "IS IT GOOD, FRIEND?" "IT IS BITTER - BITTER," HE ANSWERED; "BUT I LIKE IT "BECAUSE IT IS BITTER, "AND BECAUSE IT IS MY HEART." - Stephen Crane

1 comment:

TICTAC said...

it has already become a legendary conjoined duologue, this one...

the best excerpt cj..brilliant!

;-)